Chalkwell Bus Information 19/7/1919/07/19
19th July 2019
Message from Chalkwell Bus Company.
As you may already be aware, the A2 is shut through Newington which will disrupt the school buses this afternoon. The official diversion is via the M2, but we have a lot of children to get home to Lower Halstow, Newington and Upchurch. We have a difficult job to do, and it will require Newington children to either walk from Key St or the Tuck Inn, or be collected from there.
The plan for this afternoon
- 328 1505 from Westlands; As normal but operate via the M2 Diversion and serve the route in reverse ie. Rainham, Upchurch, Lower Halstow, to the Tuck Inn. Pupils for Newington to alight at the Tuck Inn.
- 327 1505 from Sittingbourne; Operate via the diversion route to the M2 then Three Sisters and as normal route to Medway. Passengers for Newington, Lower Halstow and Upchurch to change onto the 328 at The Billet (1510 for the 1514 328).
- 328 from TSS at 1515; via the M2 diversion and then serve the route in reverse ie. Rainham, Upchurch, Lower Halstow, to the Tuck Inn. Pupils for Newington to alight at the Tuck Inn.
- 326 1615 from Sittingbourne; Will operate late due to delays on the previous journey. Will operate via the M2 diversion and resume normal route after Hoath Way.
- 327 1715 from Sittingbourne. The main bus will run via the M2 diversion to Hoath Way, then normal line of route. There will also be a minibus leaving Sittingbourne at 1715 to serve Lower Halstow, Newington and Upchurch.