Uniform - FAQ01/07/19
Following months of design and consultation, we are excited to launch our new uniform as The Sittingbourne School.
The school leaders and governing body have given a commitment to support families with the cost of this change to uniform. All current students have already been gifted their new ties, in line with our revised community structure. We are pleased to confirm that all existing students will also be gifted a blazer by the school, which will be distributed in the very last week of the summer term, beginning Monday 22nd July 2019.
Why are we changing our uniform?
• To strengthen and build on the existing sense of pride, identity and community we have as being part of The Sittingbourne School.
• To modernise and consolidate our identity as part of the Swale Academies Trust.
What are the key changes?
• A dark, navy blue, tailored blazer with the new school logo embroidered on the top pocket.
• An official blue PE top with white shoulder detail, and matching navy blue sportswear.
How do we purchase the uniform?
• We are proud to support local businesses in the provision of our uniform.
• PE kit can be ordered online from Watermelon Workwear, whilst blazers and ties are available from Forsters, who have shops in both Sittingbourne and Sheerness town centres.
What about new Year 7s?
• All students will be expected to wear the new uniform from the start of term on Wednesday 28th August 2019
• Please do not purchase your ties until you have received a letter over the summer holidays confirming which community you will be joining
Links are provided below for both retailers as well as to the full uniform policy of the school, which we would encourage all students and their guardians to read.